[linux-elitists] "fundamental universal condition" ?

Rob Walker rob@myinternetplace.net
Fri Dec 7 16:27:22 PST 2001

Don> begin Rob Walker quotation of Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 02:54:40AM -0700:
>> I guess we can all stop using virus-free electronic communication
>> process, for we are now irrelevant.

Don> Stop being so smug.  The Linux viruses are coming any day now.
Don> Really!

I was thinking of the telephone, actually.

Don> It looks like you would be able to mess up a Mailman list pretty
Don> easily by just sending a bunch of mail from unsubscribed
Don> addresses if the list is configured to defer such mail for admin
Don> approval.  AFAIK the admin interface puts all non-subscriber mail
Don> on one web form for approval, and when it gets too big you get an
Don> enormous Python process and a dead browser or timed-out
Don> connection.

While watching mailman do its' thing at VA, I became less and less
enamored of its' paranoia design.  I wonder if there is anyone looking
in to the design of those pages.

What is the bug ID?  ;-)

rob