[linux-elitists] Take back the net! CSS for the user

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Fri Dec 7 15:53:20 PST 2001

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> said:

> I'm working on a CSS that results in a largely readable, presentable,
> workable Web experience for users, primarially of GNU/Linux, but ideally
> of any platform.

Anti-elitist-PC statement of the day: I enjoy seeing what people
designing web sites do with them. That is, I don't suffer the illusion
that my idea of "looks good" is universally true for all sites all the
time.

Not that this makes your preference a bad thing. Just thought I'd kick
in for the other side of the coin. I think it'd be a boring web if I
decided to overrule everyone else's visual ideas.

Galeon rocks, by the way. Once you've given your pound of flesh for
the install, it is far and away the best Linux browser. Hands down,
bar none, and all the other superlatives you can come up with. Better
than Konq, even. If any of the rest of you aren't using it yet, run
don't walk to your nearest download mirror.

--R
--
Rusty Foster              || "What am I doing?
rusty@kuro5hin.org        || I'm quietly judging you."