[linux-elitists] "fundamental universal condition" ?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Dec 7 10:25:47 PST 2001

begin Rob Walker quotation of Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 02:54:40AM -0700:

> I guess we can all stop using virus-free electronic communication
> process, for we are now irrelevant.

Stop being so smug.  The Linux viruses are coming any day now.
Really!

We either had a Mailman problem or a WiFi kiddie mailbombing this
list to prove he exists; I will figure out later which it was if
I care.  In the meantime I just blew away the pending requests,
so if you posted to this list in the last two days or so and your
message isn't in the archives, please resend.

It looks like you would be able to mess up a Mailman list pretty
easily by just sending a bunch of mail from unsubscribed addresses
if the list is configured to defer such mail for admin approval.
AFAIK the admin interface puts all non-subscriber mail on one web
form for approval, and when it gets too big you get an enormous
Python process and a dead browser or timed-out connection.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/