[linux-elitists] random questions

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Thu Dec 6 13:57:00 PST 2001

* Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) [011206 15:48]:
> Anyone have the magic incantation to _really_ force Mozilla to
> absolutely never use a font smaller than a certain size?

Not exactly the same technique but I use the following CSS rules in
~/.mozilla/$USER/*/chrome/userContent.css:

body, p, div, span, em, b, i, ul, li, ol, a, tt, pre, blockquote, table,
    th, td, tr, input, select, option, submit, font {
  font-size   : 14px !important; line-height : 17px !important;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, font  {
  font-size   : 16px !important; line-height : 19px !important;
}

Which locks in font sizes (rather than just limiting the bottom-end) yet
still allows for bigger headlines.  If I missed any tags I haven't
noticeably (e.g., at the ridiculous resolutions <font...> is often
abused for) encountered them in the wild

Requires a restart for the profile to take effect.

Counter-question:

I thought I'd put the correct hoodoo in prefs.js to keep sites from
doing JS window.open() calls for popups, yet I still get them.  What's
the Right Way?

Rick
--
 Mostly useless pseudo-random number: 993                      (75 F)
 http://xns.org/=rick@eastcore.net  CE7E0CBE7AB9F5EAF1E34943E8EB2BA10615B6E3