[linux-elitists] Bank of America doesn't want our business?

Jeremy Zawodny Jeremy@Zawodny.com
Sun Dec 2 15:09:29 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 03:24:20AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:59:17AM -0800, Jeremy Zawodny (Jeremy@Zawodny.com) wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 09:07:22AM -0800, Ben Woodard wrote:
> > >
> > > So what do you guys think of this should we make a stink about it?
> >
> > Just use Yahoo! BillPay.  You can link it with your BofA account and
> > not have to deal with their site. :-)
> >
> > That's what I do.  (Of course, I work at Yahoo...)
>
> Aquiesence makes for poor advocacy.

Acquiescence, you mean? :-)

You can waste time fighting with your bank, or you can use a service
that works.  I've switched banks, credit cards, and ISPs in the past
because they appeared not to care about letting my at the services I
wanted.  I'd contact them and either get a form letter response
"thanks for your feedback, we value our customers" or no reply at
all--and I was giving them my money.

Screw that.

I'd rather send them the "thought you'd like to know why I'm
canceling my account/service/subscription message" go on with my
life.  But different folks will approach it differently, and I can
understand that.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that we bother to check and see how
our stuff works on the less common browsers (Konquerer, Mozilla,
Netscape) and on the less common platforms (Mac, Linux, FreeBSD).
BofA (and other banks) just don't seem to care.

Maybe we need to advertise and target disgruntled Linux users...  I
could just see "Tired of dealing with your Linux-hating bank's web
site?" banners on slashdot[1]. :-)

[1] Of course, a LOT of slashdot traffic is from IE users, so maybe
    that's not the smartest way to go about it.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@Zawodny.com>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/