[linux-elitists] I3 Was: Re: Yahoo sucks: Javascript requirement to feedpopups?

Ben Woodard ben@valinux.com
Wed Aug 29 17:25:56 PDT 2001

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Ben Woodard wrote:
>
> > Internet III
> >
> > With the ham radio bands available in the higher end of the frequency
> > spectrum hams have access to amazing amounts of free bandwidth. The
> > idea is to make high speed links between interested parties. Some of
> > these links would be point to point and some of these links would
> > cover an area. There are three conditions associated with this
> > though. You can't use it for commercial transactions, you can't use
> > encryptions, and right now you have to build your own hardware.
>
> This has been planned to be one of the uses of DAB, Digital Radio:
> http://infoweb.magi.com/~moted/dr/

nice link EXCEPT for one thing. This is all about digital
__BROADCAST__ radio.  What I am talking about is using the ham bands
where licenced individuals are allowed to transmit as well as
receive. The reason for that is it allows us to setup a private high
bandwidth network between individuals.