[linux-elitists] Fwd: EFF: Grand Jury Charges Russian Companyand Programmer]

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Aug 29 09:28:25 PDT 2001

begin Eugene Leitl quotation of Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 01:29:41PM +0200:

> At the very least, try contributing minimally by joining both networks as
> user, especially if you're on a pipe of ADSL grade or better (SDSL flat
> rate is about optimal, anything else would be violating the Geneva
> convention).

And spam the hell out of them with Debian packages, webcam
photos, and chat groups -- I mean develop creative and productive
non-infringing applications.

There must be legitimate non-infringing uses for end-to-end,
or DMCA II will take end-to-end away from us; I shit you not.
The ISPs won't be on the users' side this time.

Legit non-infringing use for P2P: signed updates for email virus
scanners.  Replication-maximizing behavior for an email virus
is to DoS the anti-virus vendors to slow down the rate at which
customers can deploy filters.  If updates are distributed over Freenet,
that attack becomes harder.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/