[linux-elitists] I3 Was: Re: Yahoo sucks: Javascript requirement to feedpopups?

Patrik Wallstrom pawal@blipp.com
Wed Aug 29 09:06:58 PDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Ben Woodard wrote:

> Internet III
>
> With the ham radio bands available in the higher end of the frequency
> spectrum hams have access to amazing amounts of free bandwidth. The
> idea is to make high speed links between interested parties. Some of
> these links would be point to point and some of these links would
> cover an area. There are three conditions associated with this
> though. You can't use it for commercial transactions, you can't use
> encryptions, and right now you have to build your own hardware.

This has been planned to be one of the uses of DAB, Digital Radio:
http://infoweb.magi.com/~moted/dr/

Probably never going to be anything. You need backchannels anyway.

/pawal