[linux-elitists] Yahoo sucks: Javascript requirement to feed popups?

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Tue Aug 28 20:37:33 PDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 08:29:46PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> There is a long list of websites (Boo probably tops the list) whose
> fundamental design brokedness probably did as much as anything to
> contribute to their failure.

If you mean "Boo.com", ... holy shit!

/*
Auto center window script- Eric King
(http://redrival.com/eak/index.shtml)
Permission granted to Dynamic Drive to feature script in archive
For full source, usage terms, and 100's more DHTML scripts, visit
http://dynamicdrive.com
*/

I don't even want to know what that script is doing in the source. I'm
so glad that I have JavaScript off.

My dad and I heard a discussion about "pop-unders" on NPR the other
day, which I had only discovered a few days before. I told my dad to
turn OFF JavaScript. He was amazed that you could turn off the scum
and was wondering why they didn't mention that on the radio.