[linux-elitists] Techie guide to SF (appallingly off-topic, I'm afraid)

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Fri Aug 24 14:08:34 PDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 04:01:02PM -0500, Ryan Waldron wrote:
> Ideally I'd like to know - if I, as a geek/Linuxboy/junior-hacker,
> *lived* in the area, where would I go and hang out?  Forget the
> tourist mess - what's cool to do in SF on weeknights (without a car,
> mind you)?

Does ('junior-hacker' == 'underage')?

SF is a great party city, and there is plenty of nightlife, if you like
that. If not, there are other things to do, but I'm less sure about
in the evenings...

Given that LWCE still manages to attract the "who's who" in the bay
area, perhaps simply meeting up with people at the event is the best
way to go. I know that my favorite thing to do at trade shows is hang
out with the attendees, as it is often the only time I get to see
many people.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/