[linux-elitists] CA State Privacy bill threatened (Aug 3, SF Chron)

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
Tue Aug 21 11:10:13 PDT 2001

Thus spake Rick Moen:
> begin  Karsten M. Self quotation:
>
> > ...note that the rest of this makes for interesting reading as well,
> > though.  Interesting to know who's on the side of obstructing consumer
> > privacy.
>
> State Sen. Jackie Speier has always been on the side of the good guys.
>
> I first knew her when she was an aide to my U.S. Senator, Leo J. Ryan --
> and, yeah, she was wounded by multiple rifle gunshots on the same
> Jonestown airstrip where Sen. Ryan died.  I'm very glad that my support
> of _her_ did not prove fatal (cf. Ryan, Mayor Moscone, Bobby Kennedy).

Maybe you should consider supporting Bush & Cheney?

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs

Men have a much better time of it than women; for one thing they marry later;
for another thing they die earlier.
		-- H.L. Mencken