[linux-elitists] CA State Privacy bill threatened (Aug 3, SF Chron)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 21 04:20:04 PDT 2001

begin  Karsten M. Self quotation:

> ...note that the rest of this makes for interesting reading as well,
> though.  Interesting to know who's on the side of obstructing consumer
> privacy.

State Sen. Jackie Speier has always been on the side of the good guys.

I first knew her when she was an aide to my U.S. Senator, Leo J. Ryan --
and, yeah, she was wounded by multiple rifle gunshots on the same
Jonestown airstrip where Sen. Ryan died.  I'm very glad that my support
of _her_ did not prove fatal (cf. Ryan, Mayor Moscone, Bobby Kennedy).

--
Cheers,   "Not only does the English language borrow from other languages,
Rick Moen  it sometimes chases them through dark alleys, hits them over the