[linux-elitists] Sklyarov/DMCA for the masses

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Sun Aug 5 23:11:13 PDT 2001

Leave aside the masses, even the CS community seem to know little
about this.  I just had dinner with a CS prof.  He knew absolutely
nothing about the Sklyarov case.  He didn't even remember Lessig's
NYT OP-ed (and I know he spends time with NYT).  Hmmm.

I came home, and found following nice little posting (which IMHO is
worth reading in it's own right, hence the URL[1]).  Again:  Adobe? Jail?
Sklyarov? What?

So who knows about this?  What would it take to find out who does?
Not an anonymous web poll as traditionally done, surely.  Any ideas?

cheers,

BM

[1] http://groups.google.com/groups?start=10&hl=en&safe=off&th=eff88adfbf40cd5e,20&rnum=13&selm=sfw1ymqfcst.fsf%40world.std.com