[linux-elitists] Legitimate crypto circumvention examples

Brooklyn Linux Solutions ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Fri Aug 3 10:50:39 PDT 2001

More to the point, it pre-exists the statute.

What is Fair Use:

This is really were the battle is -

This is what the battle is really about.

Fair Use is:

The Legal expression of your rights to security in your property, and
freedom of speach, as it related to the assignment of those rights in order
to allow for
public interest for the allowance of Copyright.

Therefore, any use of a copyrighted material is a fair use.

Ruben

On 2001.08.03 15:42:02 -0400 Jay Sulzberger wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:58:40PM -0400, Brooklyn Linux Solutions
(ruben@mrbrklyn.com) wrote:

> > <<I'm counting fair use.  There are 17 (I'd miscounted) enumerated
> > exceptions in law.>>
> >
> > What I'm try to say, is that your only covering statutory law.
>
> vs.?
>
> Nonstatutory law?  Fair use is a statutory exemption.  It's a big one.
> It's still a statutory exemption.
>
> BTW, I thought I was mistaken, but I'm not.  It's 16 exemptions ;-)
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
http://kmself.home.netcom.com/

Fair use is case law, too.  And old good case law in both England and
America.

oo--JS.