[linux-elitists] Legitimate crypto circumvention examples

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 3 12:49:34 PDT 2001

on Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:42:02PM -0400, Jay Sulzberger (jays@panix.com) wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > on Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:58:40PM -0400, Brooklyn Linux Solutions
> > (ruben@mrbrklyn.com) wrote:
> > >

> > > <<I'm counting fair use.  There are 17 (I'd miscounted) enumerated
> > > exceptions in law.>>
> > >
> > > What I'm try to say, is that your only covering statutory law.
> >
> > vs.?
> >
> > Nonstatutory law?  Fair use is a statutory exemption.  It's a big one.
> > It's still a statutory exemption.
> >
> > BTW, I thought I was mistaken, but I'm not.  It's 16 exemptions ;-)

> Fair use is case law, too.  And old good case law in both England and
> America.

One of my backburner projects is to compile a list of Fair Use case
cites with summaries.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>            http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
 What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?               There is no K5 cabal