[linux-elitists] Legitimate crypto circumvention examples

Fri Aug 3 12:44:23 PDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions wrote:

> Also, I can think of a number of laws which are unconstitutional, even
> deemed so in court, and continue to be enforced.

The role of the hypnotized rabbit in front of legal python does not suit
you.

There's no point in arguing legal casuistics with a party that is
outmanning and outgunning you oh so overwhelmingly in the legal and
enforcement department. Oh, and they lie, and cheat too, as long as it
suits the purposes. You haven't noticed?

You cannot win this battle. Instead of tying up geek neurons in
unaccustomed contortions, geeks should do one thing: code. Create viral
applications that demonstrate the assymetries of anonymous publishing
networks based on steganography and cryptograpy, making them easy and
worthwhile to use, locking user base, and establishing some realpolitik
for changes, finally, goddamit.

Is this really so hard to understand?