[linux-elitists] Fun with SirCam

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 3 11:18:03 PDT 2001

on Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 10:57:36PM -0700, Rick Moen (rick@linuxmafia.com) wrote:

> Just about any binary editor will do, but I recommend John H. Swaby's
> very useful "fb" viewer/editor for binaries, available in x86 Linux or
> Win32 binaries, or GPLed source code that'll compile just about
> anywhere:  http://home.mho.net/jswaby/fb.html
>
> To separate the attachment into its binary-payload (worm) and document
> portions, use fb like this:
>
>   fb c 0.137215 attachment sircam.worm
>   fb c 137216 attachment document

Likewise, dd, which you should already have:

   dd if=<attachment> bs=32 skip=4288 of=<document>

...selecting a larger blocksize (32 is the largest integer divisor of
137216) lets dd run a bit faster than it would with bs=1 skip=137216.

Cheers.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>            http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
 What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?               There is no K5 cabal