[linux-elitists] Code Red: I'm seeing 1.6x *more* hits than 7/20

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 2 23:08:48 PDT 2001

Code Red leaves requests for 'default.ida' in your webserver logs.  My
dialup connection's received 41 connection attempts since August 1, 6:08
am, PDT, compared with 21 during the 7/19-20 attack.  That's 2x the size
of the earlier attack, and building.

I don't think we're out of the woods.  Comparative stats would be
useful:

    grep 'default\.ida' <apache connect log> | wc -l

Cheers.

  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?          There is no K5 cabal
    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/           http://www.kuro5hin.org
Free Dmitry!! Boycott Adobe!! Repeal the DMCA!!  http://www.freesklyarov.org