[linux-elitists] Legitimate crypto circumvention examples

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 2 17:49:51 PDT 2001

on Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 08:12:48PM -0400, Brooklyn Linux Solutions (ruben@mrbrklyn.com) wrote:

> <<But in this case my opponent is pretty demonstrably wrong:  there are 16
> exceptions to exclusive rights under US copyright law.  I'd defy him to
> demonstrate otherwise.>>
>
> And those are not definitive of fair use.  Those were put into the
> copyright law to keep it constitutional.

I'm counting fair use.  There are 17 (I'd miscounted) enumerated
exceptions in law.

  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?          There is no K5 cabal
    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/           http://www.kuro5hin.org
Free Dmitry!! Boycott Adobe!! Repeal the DMCA!!  http://www.freesklyarov.org