[linux-elitists] Legitimate crypto circumvention examples

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Aug 2 15:14:44 PDT 2001

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 03:06:04PM -0700:

> This questioner really has a hard time comprehending *why* circumvention
> tools would be legitimate in any context.

I can't come up with a context where a copy-restriction system
itself would be legitimate.

If your questioner believes that copyright holders have an absolute
right of control over all use of copyrighted works, you're probably
in a pointless argument.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/