[linux-elitists] [declan@well.com: FC: Sen. Hatch "commends" DOJ for Sklyarov arrest, IP prosecutions]

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
Wed Aug 1 00:51:00 PDT 2001

Thus spake Karsten M. Self:
> Someone buy the Senator from Utah a cluestick.

>     SEN. HATCH: One of the areas of prosecution for which you are
>     particularly
> known is that of computer and intellectual-property crime. As
> U.S. attorney for the northern district of California, you created
> a section called the Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property,
> or CHIP. Recently Attorney General Ashcroft recognized your success
> in the most sincere and flattering way possible by announcing the
> formation of nine additional CHIPs units around the country. And as
> you know, a subset of this area, criminal copyright enforcement, is
> of key importance to this committee. We've devoted considerable energy
> over the past number of years to Internet enforcement in particular.

I thought CHiPs was California Hiway Patrol?  As played by Erik
Estrada and Larry Wilcox?  Isn't this a violation of NBC's trademark?

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
LNXS: Get 0.2.0-devel at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lnxs/

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "A Mencken Chrestomathy"