[linux-elitists] Microsoft prizes for rat finks

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Sun Apr 29 23:57:22 PDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:52:29PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Indeed.  Reminds me, is the CscHTML fork (resulting from that
> misjudgement) still thriving?  That would serve those idiots right.  I
> assume you're aware that you can use CscHTML as a drop-in replacement
> for GtkHTML.

I am indeed aware of CscHTML. As far as I know it is not thriving. It
has not been updated since version 1.1.0. For reasons that I cannot
begin to imagine, someone ran s/gtk_html/csc_html/ on the whole source
tree[1]. Needless to say, this disqualifies it from being a "drop-in
replacement".

If CscHTML was done in a clued way and kept up to date, and there was
a decent browser compatible with it, I think I would be much more open
to the possibility of actually using it.

1. http://www.cscmail.net/cschtml/docs/cschtml/book1.html