[linux-elitists] Microsoft prizes for rat finks

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Sun Apr 29 23:00:29 PDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 10:05:40PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> $ vrms
> No non-free packages installed on cannabis! rms would be proud.

I feel so impure :=(

	Non-free packages installed on vitelus.com
	mysql-client              mysql database client binaries
	mysql-server              mysql database server binaries
	unzip                     De-archiver for .zip files

(Bull. All of those are free now. dpkg bug.)

	Non-free packages installed on endquote
	navigator-base-477        Navigator base support for version 4.77
	navigator-smotif-477      Netscape Navigator 4.77 (static Motif)
	netscape-base-477         4.77 base support for netscape
	netscape-java-477         Netscape Java support for version 4.77
	snes9x-x                  X binaries for snes9x - Super NES Emulator
	unzip                     De-archiver for .zip files

(unzip is free now. snes9x-x isn't installed for a good reason; I'm
packaging zsnes which will make it into Debian as soon as the zsnes
guys make an official release of their GPL'd Linux port. Yeah yeah
yeah I know netscape is bad but mozilla still blows. Every week or so
I update my cvs tree of it and ooh and ahh but it's still too slow and
bloated and ugly and unstable for my taste. I'm on the verge of
actually being able to use it now, but it's going to be a difficult
transition for my evil propritary-software-using self! Also, vrms
doesn't list Mathematica.)

I lived the summer as a free man - my work box had no Netscape. It was
a refreshing experience and I look forward to going back to it once
this mozilla compile finishes ;-).