[linux-elitists] Microsoft prizes for rat finks

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Sun Apr 29 22:58:13 PDT 2001

> This is a letter/request going out to MSFT VARs:
>
>     Microsoft has started a pilot program rewarding computer system
>     builders for turning their customers over to Microsoft's license
>     enforcement department. If the builder or reseller receives an RFQ
>     (Request For Quote) that includes computers to be shipped without
>     Legacy MS Windows installed, Microsoft wants a copy of the RFQ sent
>     to them, and, if you are the first to submit that particular RFQ,
>     you'll be awarded points toward winning prizes. Full text is
>     included below.
>
> http://www.aaxnet.com/news/M010425.html

I'll sell you a nice looking parchment with the GPL printed in a nice
minimum-serif calligraphic font, so you can send him a copy of your
operating system license, somehow strongly resembling the Bill of Rights.
:)

Honestly, any vendor who has thoughts of selling my info out for a bunch
of frequent-ratter points deserves the small-claims lawsuit that's about
to land on him.  I went on record during MS Refund Day as wanting my payback
in a *useful* MS product, like a mouse, or a book...

* Heather * Adhere to your own act, and congratulate yourself if you
            have done something strange and extravagant, and broken the
            monotony of a decorous age.  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson