Felten backs down.... Re: [linux-elitists] Happy World Intellectual Property Day

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Apr 26 15:43:42 PDT 2001

begin Ari Jort quotation of Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 06:30:04PM -0400:

> http://cryptome.org/sdmi-attack.htm

If you don't have that site mirrored, get off this list right now.

> Today he announced he was not going to present the paper
> detailing his discoveries out of fear of the cost of litigation.

I love cheap PR stunts. (and I mean that in a _good_ way). The paper
is already distributed almost as many places as DeCSS, so it would be
anticlimactic just to present the sumbitch. But make it "The Forbidden
Paper" and you make SDMI look weak, afraid, and litiguous, you make
yourself look like King Badass Hacker, and you help out the DVD appeal.

Somebody threaten _me_ with a lawsuit...please?