[linux-elitists] Happy World Intellectual Property Day

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Apr 26 09:11:57 PDT 2001

Happy World Intellectual Property Day. Unfortunately, there are no
events to celebrate this WIPO event in the USA, but the People's Daily
in the PRC is running an editorial. "Promote ourselves into invention
and innovation, respect and protect intellectual property" is the slogan
there.

http://www.wipo.int/news/en/worldip/activities.htm

But here's the fun part. WIPO is sponsoring an essay
contest for college students on the subject of. "What does
intellectual property mean to you in your daily life?"

http://www.wipo.int/news/en/index.html?wipo_content_frame=/news/en/worldip/world_ip.htm

Get those entries in soon, kids.  The prize is 1,000 Swiss francs for
the best entry in each of six languages.