[linux-elitists] Fwd: Copyright infringement in linux/drivers/usb/serial/keyspan*fw.h

Paul J Collins sneakums@zork.net
Tue Apr 24 01:05:41 PDT 2001

    AL> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 08:47:10AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    >> The firmware is not free software

    AL> So Debian should pull it. And prefereably Linus too.

The microcode that is present in most modern microprocessors should be
pulled too.  Oh, and the firmware on your hard drives.  Don't forget
your BIOS.  Oh, there's one on your video card, too.  Hey, look!
There's a BIOS on my SCSI card!  I can't use *any* of this hardware!

--
"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the
 animals ... except the weasel."