[linux-elitists] Fwd: Copyright infringement in linux/drivers/usb/serial/keyspan*fw.h

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Apr 22 22:14:44 PDT 2001

begin  Greg KH quotation of Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 08:17:45PM -0700:

> bah, do I need to join debian-legal to fight this battle there too?

drivers/net/bsd_comp.c anyone?

To quote RFC 1977:

1.1. Licensing

BSD Unix compress command source is widely and freely available, with
no additional license for many computer vendors. The included source
code is based on the BSD compress command source and carries only the
copyright of The Regents of the University of California. Use the code
entirely at your own risk. It has no warranties or indemnifications of
any sort. Note that there are patents on LZW.