[linux-elitists] Fwd: Copyright infringement in linux/drivers/usb/serial/keyspan*fw.h

Greg KH greg@wirex.com
Sun Apr 22 20:17:45 PDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 03:34:58PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> This concerns me.

Bah, it's interesting to see that Adam has appealed to others when he
has lost with the original developers.

For some background:
	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=98737387100001&w=2&r=1

And other messages from Adam since then on the linux-usb-devel mailing
list.

In short, I approved this code (I'm the usb-serial maintainer) as Linus
said it was ok, and Keyspan's lawyers said it was ok, and it was based
on a ATM driver currently in the kernel.  Keyspan wants to do the right
thing, and once we all agreed to the wording, everyone was happy.  That
was over a year ago!

Now Adam is worried about the legality of this...

Alan Cox also told him why it is legal, but he didn't like that :)

bah, do I need to join debian-legal to fight this battle there too?

greg k-h