Mining the archives (was Re: [linux-elitists] Laptop mania)

Jack Moffitt jack@icecast.org
Thu Apr 19 19:56:24 PDT 2001

> (But, of course, the common sort of Web browsers _read newsgroups_ -- or
> did you miss the implication of the URL in my prior post.

No, I know that the major browsers do this.  But I know of few people
who do news anymore.  And a lot of companies don't want to subject their
idiot users to real solutions like newsgroups, and force them to be
spoonfed by the web based message board.

Of course, it would be nice if you could spoonfeed certain idiots, and
news-able others, and then offer mailling lists for still more idiots.

jack.