Mining the archives (was Re: [linux-elitists] Laptop mania)

Jack Moffitt jack@icecast.org
Thu Apr 19 18:54:34 PDT 2001

> > You need some way to post from the web.
>
> 1.  That's debatable.  (You may be making some point here that eludes me.)[1]
> 2.  news://linuxmafia.com:/cabal.conspire , or something like that.
>
> [1] Such as:  It's nice to be able to post directly from a set of Web
> archives.  But, really, why not just search/browse the news spool?

People who tend to like web interfaces on everything are not going to be
bothered with news readers.

Smart people always figure it out.  What can we do for dumb people
besides ignore and laugh?

jack.