Mining the archives (was Re: [linux-elitists] Laptop mania)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 19 17:30:12 PDT 2001

begin  Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly quotation:

> Meanwhile mailing lists irritate other people because of large amounts
> of traffic and difficult-to-browse archives. What the world needs is the
> bastard spawn of a list and a web board.

My solution:  A Mailman list gatewayed to a local-only newsgroup run by
a minimal Leafnode setup.

List:  conspire@linuxmafia.com
Group:  cabal.conspire on NNTP host linuxmafia.com

Add mnoGoSearch to Mailman's Web archive, and you have the desired
feature set, accessible multiple ways.

rick@linuxmafia.com                           Or denied.  So there.