Mining the archives (was Re: [linux-elitists] Laptop mania)

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Mon Apr 16 15:28:50 PDT 2001

[re: mime-type message/x-mail-me-this]

I think this is a neat idea especially since you can use gnuclient
to pull the thing in directly to emacs.  I am often irritated by
web-based discussion groups because they cripple you by requiring
the use of web forms and bad quoting.  I wonder if the same kind of
mime handler trickery can be used to interface with those systems from
the comfort of an editor of choice (it seems it can be with some
effort on the webmaster's part and some elisp).  Thank you very much
for pointing out this cute trick.

cheers,

BM