[linux-elitists] DCMA II

Vinnie Chassot drachen@freeshell.org
Thu Apr 12 17:30:25 PDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Rick Moen wrote:

> publishing/entertainment industries' data-obfuscation _mechanisms_ that
> will tend to put libraries out of business, and cut off their ability to
> properly use and preserve even public-domain works.

You know, reading this is reminding me of any number of (mostly
fictional) stories where people must memorize books to continue their
existance.

Hrm. Maybe it's time for me to go read _Kim_ again.

V.
--
drachen@freeshell.org/drachen@www.com http://drachen.freeshell.org
A *person* is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you