[linux-elitists] DCMA II

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu Apr 12 13:59:43 PDT 2001

<<  Publicizing the problem is a start, but the
flipside is letting people know *why* they should care. >>

Yes - I woke up this morning wanting to write an article for the Linux
Journal called:

10 reasons Why Linux Users MUST care about the Copyright and the DMCA.

There is far, far to much gee whiz blind geek techphilia in our lugs, and
not enough
attention being paid on the fact that - at this minute, right before our
eyes,
the legal basis to take all your toys away is being set out before us.
The full thrust assualt on freedom of thought and expression is underway
and the technophil is the first to abused and enslaved under this system,
with every other mainstream activity to soon follow.  If the people sitting
on the wave can't apreciate the danger, what chance is there for the rest
of society in protecting it's essential freedoms.  We are sitting here like
those albatross awaiting to be eaten by tiger sharks while floating on the
crest of their bow waves.

See
http://www.nyfairuse.org

Ruben