[linux-elitists] Hard drive recovery in L.A. area

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 12 13:17:27 PDT 2001

begin Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de quotation:

> The point is that there are nasty people which want to get at
> the data, and there are only few seconds at your disposal, before
> you go down the escape chute, splatter your brain upon the ceiling,
> or whatever else is appropriate. You'd mount the hard drives encased
> in thermite inside the computer case. The redundant electrical/
> mechanical would be outside, a switch with a flip cover (sufficient
> unless you've got toddlers in the house -- as an SOP evil geniuses
> *never* allow toddlers in their bunker).

I'm holding in my head the disturbing image of a criminal mastermind's
lair equipped with molly-guards.  It seems so... domestic.

rick@linuxmafia.com                           Or denied.  So there.