[linux-elitists] Hard drive recovery in L.A. area

Thu Apr 12 02:20:30 PDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> I'd rely on something else or start by nuking my GPG keys required to

The canonical procedure is to mount your media in a box full of thermite
with redundant mechanical/electrical ignitors. This reliably turns
whatever magnetical or optical bits you had into a pool of white hot lava
in the course of few 10 s.

Plastic explosive is much quicker (it detonates at few km/s), but has
considerable side effects on structure and personnel.