[linux-elitists] Tuesday 24 April 2001: Big Meeting on Privacy

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 10 06:27:35 PDT 2001

Great - a Former Clinton aid is goignt o get up there and talk about how
important our privacy is while when his team was in office, they couldn't
wait to burn individual rights for coperate profits.

I've been watching this activity with China and I'm thinking our political
system has become so corrupted and unresponsive as to act as idiots while
China holds American hostage and as they tear through our advanced
technology...what chance is there that business interests won't kill any
movement on digital rights and copyright.

If the national interest and prestige is not enough to move the government
against precieved business interests, how the hell are we going to fight
off the DMCA?

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions