privity (was Re: Fwd: [linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought)

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu Apr 5 14:40:31 PDT 2001

<OK, cite.

OK  - If you want me to cite it, it's going to have to wait after passover.

<I hate to evoke personal credentials,>

You can envoke them all you want as long as you don't beat me over the head
with them.

<I do know the Uniform Commercial Code tolerably well.>

I had to learn the Uniform Business code as well as a Pharmacist...mandated
by the school.  We also have to learn controlled substances laws and a
bunch of other laws as well.  I doubt I had to learn it as well as a CPA.

I've also studied contract law in other settings with lawyers.  I've get a
citation for you.

< http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#djb?>

Seen this already

> OK - Where is that established.

<Attorneys' explanations of copyright-law terminology on the mailing list
license-discuss@opensource.org.>

Shall look...frankly - even it's use by atonreys doesn't make it legit.
They also like to use the term intellectual property....they who control
the terminology control the argument.  A lot of legal argument involves
manipulation of terminology...and attemps to define terminology to your
advantage.

Ruben

-

--