[linux-elitists] suboptimal smarthost

Aaron T Porter atporter@primate.net
Thu Apr 5 12:52:10 PDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> I'm really happy with my AirPort card (really a rebranded Lucent). And the
> BaseStation is tres cool as well.

	Ditto here. I've got an Airport basestation and a number of
	different 802.11b cards. Of the one's I've tried, the Lucent
	Orinoco has by far the best range, and a very nice driver. I've
	got a Cisco 350 card that should be here monday, that is supposed
	to go even further. As it stands, I can get anywhere in the house,
	but the back yard is still too spotty to use. Ordered a Lucent
	antenna for the airport basestation too.