[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 3 21:16:34 PDT 2001

According to the article I've read, the auther stoped recieving mail from
all
the MS domains in response to the Passport Licensing.

I don't see how they could prevent stuff going out to them.
That's the most critical thing - it prevent the material to ending up
on their service.

Ruben

On 2001.04.03 11:38:00 -0400 mike@jurney.org wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> What over service can you have were storing your source code in your
> mailbox on a corperate machine gives the rights of that source code to
the
> coperation running the mail?

I can't think of any offhand, but the point I'm trying to make here is
that Passport isn't the only way that people can possibly get and attempt
to own your source (other methods like dual licensing and whatnot are
being talked about now).  Passport apparently _is_, however, a fairly
unique way to get your business plans, contact lists, and other non-code
business information owned by another company.

This discussion is digressing severely, so I'll try here to bring it back
in:  What point are _you_ trying to make?  That it's seemingly possible
for GPL code to be automatically dual-licensed under the Passport
agreement?  Are you simply offended that I suggested that this situation
had a larger and more unique impact on non-code information?

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org

--