Fwd: [linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Tue Apr 3 10:28:03 PDT 2001

Heather >>>> ... ad insanitum.

> > > "ad insanitatem", probably, although that connotes illness more than
> > > madness; maybe "ad dementiam"?

Heathet>> Actually, I suspect I've met my needs exactly, since "till it
       >> drives you nuts" or "until you're sick of it" are both connoted
       >> easily.
       >>
       >> And, I think that I've declined it incorrectly -
       >> 	Ad nausea
       >> fits the space, therefore Ad dementia, I think.

Seth, who actually knows latin> It's actually "ad nauseam".  "ad" takes
                                accusative case.

Oh good, I knew someone would know.  So I used the word I really wanted,
correctly, in the first place.

Now if this subject has driven us nuts enough, or we're sick of it, we
can progress right through "yada yada yada" into another subject ;)

* Heather * Adhere to your own act, and congratulate yourself if you have
            done something strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony
            of a decorous age.  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson