[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 3 10:25:31 PDT 2001

I never wanted to receive mail from anyone using their service before.

Now with the new licensing on Hotmail....I really am confirmed in this.

If their using Microsoft products, chances are they REALLY don't need to
get in touch with me.

Ideally - a rejection bounce gets sent back stating

For Political and Security reasons, we do not accept any mail from
Microsoft designed clients.  Please use another mailer or mail system to
contact your users.  I would like to block exchange messages like this as
well.

Ruben

On 2001.04.03 13:15:37 -0400 Seth David Schoen wrote:
Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO writes:

> How can you completely block msn ... can that be done with Sendmail?
>
> I added this is /etc/mail/access
>
> microsoft.com   550     We don't accept MS mail because of licensing
issues
> msn.com 550     Microsoft       licenses are unacceptable. No mail from
> their services will be accepted.

Why do you not want to receive mail from Microsoft?

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/  | have leisure; for perhaps you