[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 3 09:57:22 PDT 2001

How can you completely block msn ... can that be done with Sendmail?

I added this is /etc/mail/access

microsoft.com   550     We don't accept MS mail because of licensing issues
msn.com 550     Microsoft       licenses are unacceptable. No mail from
their services will be accepted.
msn.net 550     Microsoft licenses are unacceptable. No mail from their
services will be accepted.
microsoft.net    550    Microsoft licenses are unacceptable. No mail from
their services will be accepted.
hotmail.com      550    Microsoft licenses are unacceptable. No mail from
their services will be accepted.
hotmail.net      550    Microsoft licenses are unacceptable. No mail from

On 2001.04.03 11:38:00 -0400 mike@jurney.org wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> What over service can you have were storing your source code in your
> mailbox on a corperate machine gives the rights of that source code to
the
> coperation running the mail?

I can't think of any offhand, but the point I'm trying to make here is
that Passport isn't the only way that people can possibly get and attempt
to own your source (other methods like dual licensing and whatnot are
being talked about now).  Passport apparently _is_, however, a fairly
unique way to get your business plans, contact lists, and other non-code
business information owned by another company.

This discussion is digressing severely, so I'll try here to bring it back
in:  What point are _you_ trying to make?  That it's seemingly possible
for GPL code to be automatically dual-licensed under the Passport
agreement?  Are you simply offended that I suggested that this situation
had a larger and more unique impact on non-code information?

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org

--