[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 3 08:50:21 PDT 2001

My point is that the threat to Code is larger than any threat to business
plans.

Licensing be damned - really.  MS, under it's business model, is going to
comadeer any code it finds anyway...that will end up a big problem down the
road.  They can also make legal trouble, right or wrong, just because you
passed your code through through them.

According to this, newgroup discussions come under their copyright.

Comupserve used to have issues like this on their PUBLIC boards.

Ruben

<<This discussion is digressing severely, so I'll try here to bring it back
in:  What point are _you_ trying to make?  That it's seemingly possible
for GPL code to be automatically dual-licensed under the Passport
agreement?  Are you simply offended that I suggested that this situation
had a larger and more unique impact on non-code information?>>

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org

--