[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Tue Apr 3 08:38:00 PDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> What over service can you have were storing your source code in your
> mailbox on a corperate machine gives the rights of that source code to the
> coperation running the mail?

I can't think of any offhand, but the point I'm trying to make here is
that Passport isn't the only way that people can possibly get and attempt
to own your source (other methods like dual licensing and whatnot are
being talked about now).  Passport apparently _is_, however, a fairly
unique way to get your business plans, contact lists, and other non-code
business information owned by another company.

This discussion is digressing severely, so I'll try here to bring it back
in:  What point are _you_ trying to make?  That it's seemingly possible
for GPL code to be automatically dual-licensed under the Passport
agreement?  Are you simply offended that I suggested that this situation
had a larger and more unique impact on non-code information?

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org