[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 3 08:36:13 PDT 2001

What over service can you have were storing your source code in your
mailbox on a corperate machine gives the rights of that source code to the
coperation running the mail?

Ruben

On 2001.04.03 10:05:27 -0400 mike@jurney.org wrote:

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> <<	This first sentence of my reply was that 'code was a secondary
> concern'.>>
>
> As I understood it.  And your not correct.  The biggest problem is Code.
>

> << I then described what I understood the implications to be,
> mainly that MS  potentially owned any business-related information (for
> example meeting minutes stored in a .net/hailstorm hosted groupware
> application), and had the legal right to act on that information.
> 	The possibility of them taking ownership of GPL'd code was a
> secondary consideration in this particular discussion, not in my general
> worldview.  That's what I meant by scope.>>
>
> Fine- but your still not correct.  The loss of code through this
licensing
> agreement is the bigger problem.

But not a problem fairly unique to this Passport usage agreement, as I
understand the business information case to be.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org

--