[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 3 07:01:55 PDT 2001

<<	This first sentence of my reply was that 'code was a secondary
concern'.>>

As I understood it.  And your not correct.  The biggest problem is Code.

<< I then described what I understood the implications to be,
mainly that MS  potentially owned any business-related information (for
example meeting minutes stored in a .net/hailstorm hosted groupware
application), and had the legal right to act on that information.
	The possibility of them taking ownership of GPL'd code was a
secondary consideration in this particular discussion, not in my general
worldview.  That's what I meant by scope.>>

Fine- but your still not correct.  The loss of code through this licensing
agreement is the bigger problem.

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions