[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Tue Apr 3 06:50:33 PDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> << I suspect that you knew this, but didn't want to adjust
> scope accordingly?>>
>
> Not only did I not know this, but I don't even know what your talking about
> now...
>

> What scope?

	This first sentence of my reply was that 'code was a secondary
concern'. I then described what I understood the implications to be,
mainly that MS  potentially owned any business-related information (for
example meeting minutes stored in a .net/hailstorm hosted groupware
application), and had the legal right to act on that information.
	The possibility of them taking ownership of GPL'd code was a
secondary consideration in this particular discussion, not in my general
worldview.  That's what I meant by scope.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org