[linux-elitists] Wow, M$ is even more evil than I thought

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Mon Apr 2 12:56:13 PDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 12:52:41PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> <ianal>This is bullshit. The classic free software licenses cannot be
> revoked by the copyright holder. If they were, all free software would
> be no freer than q...l, and there would be no OpenSSH in its present
> form. (I know OpenSSH is under the BSD license, but same principle.)

Perhaps. But what really counts is it gives Microsoft free rights to
your code. They could embed your GPL'd code in proprirtary software,
or about anything they wanted.

Sigh, I kept TELLING the losers I knew who sent patches via hotmail to
stop being weenies.